Do you want to start an ecommerce business? Do you need help setting up your ecommerce store or website? Do you need ecommerce store solutions?
Welcome to SoftwareKe, Kenya’s best ecommerce website developers and solution providers.
Be it branded storefronts, setting up your store on the ecommerce marketplaces or just using your social media sites to do business, we provide the best Ecommerce store solution providers in Kenya.
By 2020, global ecommerce sales are expected to reach 27 trillion dollars. To put that into perspective, ecommerce sales in 2020 are expected to be worth the Kenyan national budget for the next decade!!! That is a lot of money exchange happening online in one year, and if you are not part of yet, the time to jump in is NOW!
From buying shoes from your Facebook friend on social media to enrolling for online courses, it is clear that business as we used to know it has tremendously changed. Today ecommerce has changed the way we discover, find and purchase goods and services. From freelancers to small businesses, and not forgetting large corporations, the evolution of ecommerce has benefited many enabling them to sell their goods and services at a larger scale that would not have been possible with the traditional offline retail system only.
Many of us may have heard the term ecommerce being coined time and again but have never really understood wat it entails. Not to worry, we are here to help you… so what is ecommerce?
The word Ecommerce is the shortened version of the phrase ‘Electronic Commerce’. It refers to the buying and selling of goods and services using the internet and the transferring of money and information to facilitate these transactions.
Simply put, it is the buying and selling of literally anything through the internet.
And because there are many things selling on the internet and different types of businesses involved, there are different models of ecommerce that takes place online.
These models are categorized based on;
- The type of goods sold- these include physical, digital and service products
- Where the goods are sold- these include branded ecommerce stores, market places of just social media
- Who they are sold to- these include direct customers, businesses and even government
- B2B- Business to business with examples such as producers dealing with retailers
- B2C- Business to consumer with examples of retailers dealing with end customers
- C2C- Consumer to consumer with examples such as OLX
- C2B- Consumer to Business with examples such as influencer marketing
- B2A- Business to Administration where business deal with public institutions
- C2A- Consumer to Administration with examples such as eLearning and electronic tax filing
Whatever your business model may be, at Softwareske we develop for you the best ecommerce platform for your needs. If you have not found the best model for your business, we will not only go ahead and help you come up identify the one that works best for you ensure you, but will do so with professionalism, expertise and the best customer-centred approach in the business.
- Online Storefronts
This is where a business creates a website to sell their goods and services. Here you make use of ecommerce solutions such as Shopify, Magento, Oracle Commerce, and Demandware among many others
- Online Market places
In this case the client uses existing sites that facilitate ecommerce but do not own inventory. Examples of such sites and online marketplaces are Amazon, Alibaba, Ebay, pwork, Jumia among others
- Social Media
Social media also facilitates ecommerce by driving sales through various ways such as direct sales, putting links to the site that sells the goods or service, through having Facebook stores or through buyable pins
Not sold on ecommerce yet?
Here are some of the benefits of ecommerce in general;
- You get a wider reach and reception across the global market with minima investment
- Your business cuts the distribution chain and lets you deal directly with the customer saving on time and money
- Significant in personnel costs as you can higher virtual assistants
- You get access to customer data and their preferences easily
- It is quite easy to scale up your business in ecommerce through increasing the emarketing budget
While there may be cons such as the dependency on internet network and the high competition in the eMarket, in today’s age a business is guaranteed to benefit from ecommerce no matter what model they are using.
Let us do your ecommerce website
Looking for ecommerce store solutions? SoftwaresKe has tons of experience in ecommerce and has developed and streamlined sites for successful ecommerce businesses all over Kenya.
To get the best Ecommerce solutions services in Kenya, contact SoftwareKe for the most outstanding services Kenya has to offer.